Join us today and make a difference
- You will receive a Membership Card which entitles you to staff discount rates in our hospital restaurants.
As part of our efficiency programme, we have now removed staff discount in our restaurants and informed all staff of this change. We will also be removing this discount for public FT members as from 1 November 2013.
We do appreciate that a number of members and Governors make use of this offer and we are truly grateful for your support of these services. However as we progress with our plans for being as efficient as we can be, it is becoming increasingly difficult to absorb the discounts whilst running costs for our services continue to rise.
As well as highlighting this change on the website, we have also amended our supporting materials and will be placing a notice in the August 2013 edition of New Horizons.
Thank you in anticipation of your continued support on this matter.
- You have a direct link into the Trust via the Membership Services Office,
- You will receive newsletters and up-to-date information about your hospitals and services,
- You will be consulted on future developments of your hospitals,
- You will be given the opportunity to give your views and opinions about your hospitals,
- You will be able to stand as or vote for your representative on the Council of Governors,
- You will receive invitations to special events and meetings,
- You will have access to Health Service Discounts.
Membership is FREE, you just need to provide a few details and we will be able to register you as a member. To become an FT member you must be aged 16 or over and live in our local catchment area.
Health Service Discounts is a private service, it is not operated by the NHS.
Member involvement levels
It costs nothing to be a Member and it doesn’t need to take up much time. Involvement levels are detailed below:
Newsletter and voting information only.
As Level 1, plus the occasional consultation, invitations to members’ only events and the opportunity to join discussion groups.
As Levels 1 and 2, plus information about involvement opportunities, developments in your area(s) of interest and the opportunity to stand as a Governor.
Special FT members' meetings
From time to time, it is neccessary for us to call a special FT members' meeting to discuss an important topic with our FT members and where appropriate, hold a ballot. Below are details of any upcoming or past special FT members' meetings:
23 May 2011
Special FT members' meeting to discuss expanding the geographical area from which the Trust can recruit Non Executive Directors (NEDs).