About University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (UHMBT)
The Trust Board
The Trust Board has overall responsibility for the operational and strategic direction of the Trust and is accountable, through its Chair, to Monitor, the regulator of Foundation Trusts.
We became a Foundation Trust (FT) on 1 October 2010.
We operate from three main hospital sites - Furness General Hospital in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary and Westmorland General Hospital in Kendal and two centres - Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
Furness General Hospital and the Royal Lancaster Infirmary have a range of 'General Hospital' services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and Consultant led beds. Westmorland General Hospital provides a range of General Hospital services, together with a Primary Care Assessment Service (PCAS) and GP led inpatient beds, operated by Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
What makes us different
- We understand patient needs and the importance of their well being
- We specialise in many different areas, such as Dermatology and Urology
- We achieved Vanguard status for our strategy ‘Better Care Together’
- Our staff have won awards and recognition for their work
- We provide on-site graduate and post-graduate training to medical and dental students
- We engage with and listen to staff through a number of channels, Listening into Action
“A great place to be cared for; a great place to work.”
Contact the Chief Executive
Post: Chief Executive,
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust,
Westmorland General Hospital,