Youth Bay Visions is a group of children and young people who are passionate about making improvements in healthcare across Morecambe Bay. The group provides an opportunity for young people to express their thoughts on the health issues that matter most to them, and have a real impact on the health services that local young people use.
We want young people to receive an experience tailored to their individuality, for them to be listened to and for them to feel empowered
What has Youth Bay Visions done so far?
- Met with senior clinicians and managers of UHMBT childrens services to provide feedback and influence future service changes
- Decorated part of the Royal Lancaster Infirmary Childrens ward
- Attended the official opening of the new RLI Childrens Ward with special guests The Nolans
- Met with Student Nurses and Doctors to discuss their jobs roles
Plans for the future
- We want to grow our Youth Bay Visions group so we can make sure we represent and meet the needs of a wide range of children and young people
- We would like members of Youth Bay Visions to sit on interview panels of staff who will be working with children and young people across our hospitals and community sites
The last 8 months have been very difficult for everyone. We have suddenly gained lots of free time and have been split apart from those closest to us. Many young people have had to find new ways to cope along with constant disruptions to routines.
Unlocked experiences is a project created by young people for young people to celebrate positivity during 2020. Our steering group want to hear from young people aged between 4 - 18 years and what they have been doing this year. Have they Learnt a new skill? Tried a new craft? Spent more time outdoors?
However big or small please send us anything creative, such as photos, films, pictures of drawings, or stories demonstrating the many things you have been doing to keep
yourself occupied. This can be some new or something from lockdown 1.
Please submit entries using the form below. For more information about Youth Bay Visions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org