To remember when staying in hospital:
1. Don't forget to pack your toothbrush
Always a good idea when staying in hospital. Bring items for washing, personal cleanliness, grooming and a towel.
2. Pack appropriate clothes
Come prepared. During your stay it is likely that you will need nightwear, normal clothes, dressing gown, underwear and appropriate footwear (slippers). Sorry we are unable to offer a laundry service.
3. Do not bring valuables
Please do not bring in valuables. If you must bring valuable items with you please hand them to your Nurse or midwife on arrival and they will give you a receipt for them.
4. A small amount of money and a good book
It is a good idea to bring a few pounds for newspapers, sweets etc, or if you want to use the bedside TV system. Alternatively nothing beats a good book, please remember your spectacles if you wear them!
Please either follow the instructions within your admission letter relating to medicines or bring with you all those that you are taking in their original containers.
Some things to remember when visiting:
- Please try to keep to the visiting hours. Visitors should be limited to two per bed at any one time. Please check with the ward for times or check the visiting times on this site.
- Please do not visit if you have had symptoms of diarrhoea and/or vomiting in the last 48 hours
- Clean hands on entry to, and exit from, clinical areas using soap and water or hand gel at the stations provided
- Remember sneezing / coughing etiquette - into the elbow, not the hands
- Do not sit on patient beds - please use the chairs provided
- Do not bring in flowers or plants
- Like most hospitals, car parking is limited. During the week you may find it easier to park after 4pm. Please remember to bring some change for the pay and display meters. Currently it is just over £2 for a 2 hour stay, free parking for blue badge holders exists.
Booking your treatment – Choose and Book
In England, patients are able to choose the hospital of their choice when being referred from their GP. There are some exclusions, which is explained further at www.chooseandbook.nhs.uk, you can find out more details about our hospital from this website or by calling our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01539 795497 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to choose one of our hospitals please mention this to your GP.
Tell us what you think
We are committed to proving the most comfortable and positive experiences possible for our patients and visitors. We are constantly evaluating and looking for ways in which to improve.
If you have any constructive feedback, or indeed just want to tell us about your experiences at one of our hospitals, then please drop us a line using the form below. The form is sent to our Head of Patient Experience for review.
If you wish to complain, please see our Complaints, Compliments and Concerns page. Please do not rely on this method (email) for urgent requests.