Press release from North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
Cumbria’s public health nurses are holding online support sessions to offer health advice for those caring for children and young people aged between 5 – 19 years old.
The sessions run each Tuesday and Thursday via a live video link that is private and secure. During the consultation the nurse will assess the health query presented and provide support and advice. Appointments can be made by calling the Cumbria Health On Call team on 0300 30 34 365 between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Yvonne Rowlinson, Clinical Lead Public Health 5-19 Nursing Service at North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust, said:
“We have always ran an online service to offer support to anyone who cares for a child or young person aged from 5 up until 19 years old but with the latest national lockdown we want to make people more aware that we are here to help.
“As public health nurses we can offer health advice, support and guidance on numerous health related topics such as minor health issues, sexual health and emotional health. We can provide helpful information and signposting for the needs of the child or young person.”
The public health nursing team can provide advice on the following health subjects:
- General health & development
- Continence – including night or daytime wetting, constipation or soiling
- Weight management – including under/overweight or diet/eating problems
- Substance misuse – including cigarettes, alcohol and drugs
- Sexual health – including puberty, contraception, sexually transmitted infections, sexuality
- Emotional health – including feeling sad, angry, anxious
- Existing health conditions – support with accessing services and care planning
“Please do get in touch if you have queries, we wouldn’t want anyone to be struggling or unsure of what they can do especially during the current pandemic. You can get in touch with us via email or phone us for more information. We’ll be more than happy to help you and arrange an appointment.”