Staff at University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (UHMBT) will find out who has been victorious at the 2018/2019 Health Heroes Awards on Friday 22 March 2019.
The annual staff awards ceremony will kick off at 6.30pm at the Villa at Levens, near Kendal, where nominees and guests from the Trust and the Bay Health and Care Partners will come together to celebrate.
Health Heroes 2018
Categories and nominees this year are:
Innovation and Research Award:
- Dr Jacqueline Sutton, Associate Specialist for A&E, FGH
- Mr Asim Ijaz, Consultant for A&E, RLI
- Ellie Higham, Physiotherapist, RLI.
Excellence in Patient Safety Award:
- Laura Healey, Clinical Pharmacist, and Sarah Hamer, Governance Advisor, Pharmacy Audit team, RLI
- Pharmacy Internal Governance Team, RLI
- The Sepsis Team
Outstanding Improvement in Patient Experience Award:
- Stephanie Gillies, Dental Nurse, FGH
- Sue Howard, Matron for Surgery, WGH
- Alison Nicholson, Kendal Integrated Care Community and Frailty Nurse Specialist.
Going the Extra Mile Award (winner picked by patients):
- The Specialist Palliative Care Team (Community team)
- Rosie Wilkinson, Care Navigator, and Vikki O’Donnell, Care Coordinator, for Barrow Town Integrated Care Community
- Helen Steer, Ward Manager for Intensive Care, FGH.
Student / Trainee of the Year:
- Governance Apprentices, RLI
- Adam Railton, Senior Assistant Technical Officer for Pharmacy, RLI
- Dr Frida Svendsen, Ulverston.
Inclusion and Diversity Award:
- James Scott, Nursing Apprentice, FGH
- Shirley Rigby, Clerical Support for the volunteer service, WGH
- Lee Jenkinson, Clinical Support Worker, RLI.
Bay Health and Care Partners (BHCP) – Transformational Change Award:
- Regulated Care Sector team- Care Homes Innovation – Joann Morse and Margaret Williams
- Dr Patrick Haslam, GP and respiratory doctor
- BHCP Women and Children’s Workstream led by Julia Westaway.
Leader of the Year and the workforce award for Star of the Year will be announced on the evening.
This year sees the addition of a new award for Team of the Year and the nominees are:
- Health Records Team, cross bay
- Surgical Emergency Ambulatory Care, RLI
- The Elderly Frail Unit, RLI.
Aaron Cummins, Chief Executive, UHMBT, said: “Our annual staff awards are undoubtedly one of the highlights on the Trust’s calendar for me and I am looking forward to the event next Friday.
“The awards not only allow the Trust to say thank you to staff, volunteers, governors and fundraisers, but it also gives the staff who are nominated and those that are crowned the winner, a real sense of pride.”
Ian Johnson, Chairman, UHMBT, said: “The awards celebrate the extraordinary work carried out by our colleagues who on a daily basis contribute to making University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust a great place to be cared for and a great place to work.”
You can follow our live Tweets from the awards ceremony @UHMBT from 6.30pm.