Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist and Lead Colposcopist, MBChB, MSc, MD
Graduated from the Victoria University of Manchester in 1995 with MBChB.
MD Gynaecology - endometrial ablation
She has obtained a Master of Science (MSc) in Public Health and Health Services Research.
Diploma of faculty of family planning
I became a Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologist in 2000.
I previously worked as a consultant at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust and prior to this as a research fellow and senior registrar at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
She is the lead Colposcopist at UHMBT. In addition to this, Dr Sambrook is our Managing Obstetric Emergencies and Trauma (MOET) instructor.
Clinical Interests and Specialties
Dr Sambrook has clinical interests in the following:
- General Obstetrics and Gynacology
She specialises in:
- Perinatal Mental Health
- Obstetric Emergencies and Trauma
- Risk management
Publications and Research
- AM Sambrook, Andrew Elders, KG Cooper. Microwave Endometrial Ablation versus Thermal Balloon Endometrial Ablation (MEATBall); five year follow-up of a randomised controlled trial Accepted BJOG Oct 2013
- Mary M. Kilonzo, Alison M. Sambrook, Jonathan A. Cook, Marion K. Campbell, Kevin G. Cooper. A Cost-Utility Analysis of Microwave Endometrial Ablation versus Thermal Balloon Endometrial Ablation. Value in Health 2010; 13:5: 528-534
- AM Sambrook, SA Jack, KG Cooper. Outpatient microwave endometrial ablation: 5-year follow-up of a randomised controlled trial without endometrial preparation versus standard day surgery with endometrial preparation. BJOG 2010; 117: 493-496
- Sambrook AM, Campbell M, Cook J, Kilonzo M, Cooper KG. A randomised comparison of Microwave Endometrial Ablation with Thermal Balloon endometrial ablation for the treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding. BJOG 2009;116:1038-1045
- Sambrook A, Bain C, Parkin D, Cooper K. A Randomised Comparison of Microwave Endometrial Ablation with Transcervical Resection of the Endometrium; follow up at a minimum of ten years. BJOG 2009;116: 1033-1037
- Chiu P, Cook SJ, Berry JL, Carpenter JR, Downing SJ, Small AM & Small RC. Activation of β- or β 2-adrenoreceptors opens plasmalemmal K+-channels in airways smooth muscle: evidence from 86Rb+ efflux studies in bovine trachealis. Br J Pharmacol, 1992; 107: 250P.
- Chiu P, Cook SJ, Small RC, Berry JL, Carpenter JR, Downing SJ, Foster RW, Miller AJ & Small AM. β -adrenoreceptor subtypes and the opening of plasmalemmal K+-channels in bovine trachealis muscle: studies of mechanical activity and ion fluxes. Br J Pharmacol, 1993; 109: 1149-1156.
- Member of the Royal College of Obtetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopists
- British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Diploma Faculty of Family Planning