The Care Home Support Team is a multidisciplinary team comprising of Case Managers (Registered Nurses), Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Pharmacist, Clerical Support and Assistant Practitioner. The Team is based at DeVItre House in Lancaster, and support staff in registered care homes with Nursing in the North Lancashire footprint to deliver safe, high quality care for their residents.
The aims of the service are:
- To reduce the number of avoidable non-elective admissions to hospital from care homes with nursing.
- To minimise unnecessary transfers for residents.
- To improve access to NHS services for Nursing home residents.
- To work in partnership with care home staff to ensure clinical skills, knowledge and care delivery is in line with best practice.
- To support improved access to relevant clinical skills and knowledge training.