Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon, MBBS, FRCS
- Mr Odak completed his specialist Registrar higher Orthopaedic training from Mersey rotation.
- Mr Odak did two fellowships from reputed and internationally acclaimed centers in the North-West of England including the prestigious Wrightington hospital.
Clinical Interests and Specialties
Mr Odak Specialises in:
- Upper limb surgery including shoulder, elbow and hand/wrist surgery
- Shoulder Arthroscopy (including sports related injuries), shoulder replacement, elbow surgeries
Management of complex trauma cases involving Upper limb.
Awards and prizes:
2010: 1st Prize annual Clinical Excellence Awards under ‘Quality and Safety’ category Wrightington Wigan and Leigh Foundation NHS Trust.
2010: 1st Runners up- Annual best practice Audit competition, Wrightington Wigan Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
2005: Best poster presentation- Annual audit competition; Pennine Acute hospital NHS Trust
2002: Merit scholarship for General proficiency, Devi Ahilya University Indore, India
Publications and Research
- Survivorship of autologous structural bone graft at a minimum of two years when used to address significant glenoid bone loss in primary and revision shoulder arthroplasty: A CT and clinical review. Singh J, Odak S, Neelakanda K, Walton M, Monga P, Bale SR, Trail I. J Shoulder and Elbow surgery. 2020 PMID: 32650067
- Treatment principles, prognostic factors and controversies in radial neck fractures in children: A systematic review. Kumar S, Mishra A, Odak S, Dwyer J. J Clinic Orthop trauma. 2020 July 11(Suppl 4):S456-S453. PMID 32774012
- Histological incorporation of acellular dermal matrix in the failed superior capsule reconstruction of the shoulder. Ravenscroft M, Riley J, Morgan B, Sandher D, Odak S, Joseph P. J Exp Orthop. 2019 May 25;6(1):21
- Luno-Triquetral dissociation- A review of the current literature. Odak S, Murali R. Orthopaedics and Trauma. 2017 Jun;31(4):279-81
- Medium to long-term results of a randomized controlled trial to assess the efficacy of arthoscopic subacromial decompression versus mini-open repair for the treatment of medium-sized rotator cuff tears. Bidwai A, Birch A, Temperley D, Odak S, Walton M, Haines JF, Trail I. Shoulder and Elbow. 2016 Apr;8(2):101-105. PMID 27583006
- Management of posterior malleolar fractures- A systematic review. Odak S, Ahluwalia R, Unnikrishnan P, Hennessy M, Platt S. Journal of Foot and Ankle surgery. 2015 Jan-Feb;55(1):140-5. PMID: 26100091
- Arthroscopic evaluation of impingement and osteochondral lesions in chronic lateral ankle instability. Odak S, Ahluwalia R, Shivarhatre DG, Mahmood A, Blucher N, Hennessy M, Platt S. Foot and Ankle International. 2015 Sept;36(9):1045-9. PMID: 26031851
- A prospective study to assess the outcomes of revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Mahmoud SS, Odak S, Coogan S, McNicholas MJ. Int Orthop. 2014 Jul;38(7):1489-94. PMID: 24687269
- Assessment of acute hand injuries. Odak S, Bhalaik V. Orthopaedics and Trauma. 2014 Sept;28(4):199–204.
- Managing supracondylar fractures of the distal humerus in children in a district general hospital; Pullagura M, Odak S, Pratt R. Annals of Royal college of surgeons 2013 Nov;95(8):582-5. PMID: 24165341
- Clinical efficacy and cost-effectiveness of intra-operative cell salvage in pelvic trauma surgery; Odak S, Raza A, Shah N, Clayson A. Annals of royal college of surgeons 2013 Jul;95(5):357-60. PMID: 23838500
- Management of hip abductor deficiency after total hip arthroplasty- A review of the current literature; Odak S, Ivory J. Bone Joint J 2013 Mar;95-B(3):343-7. PMID: 23450018
- Acute fractures of the scaphoid bone: Systematic review and meta-analysis; Alshryda S, Shah A, Odak S, Murali SR, Ilango B. The Surgeon 2012 Aug;10(4):218-29. PMID: 22595773
- A randomized controlled trial to assess the efficacy of arthroscopic subacromial decompression with and without rotator cuff repair; Odak S, Powell E, Haines J, Trail I. Shoulder and Elbow 2012 Apr;4(1):112-116.
- Bioabsorbable interference screw ﬁxation of distal biceps ruptures through a single anterior incision: a single-surgeon case series and review of the literature; Eardley WG, Odak S, Adesina TS, Jeavons RP, McVie JL. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2010 Jul;130(7):875-81. PMID: 19787360