Dermatology is the diagnosis, investigation, treatment and management of skin conditions and diseases, as well as hair and nail complaints.
We offer dermatology outpatient services at Furness General Hospital, Royal Lancaster Infirmary, Westmorland General Hospital and Ulverston Health Centre.
Services in the department include:
- Phototherapy – ultra violet light treatment for many conditions including psoriasis and eczema
- Photodynamic therapy – non surgical treatment for pre-cancerous and low risk skin cancers
- Minor surgery – nurses carry out diagnostic tests and curative procedures for all types of skin lesions and conditions
- Biologics – drugs that target specific parts of the immune system to help control psoriasis, which has been life changing for some patients
- Prescribing clinics for acnes, eczema and psoriasis as well as other skin conditions
- Dedicated skin cancer follow up clinics for diagnosis, treatment options and ongoing support.