Gynaecology focuses on the health of the female reproductive system.
Our gynaecology teams include specialist consultants and highly experienced nurses who lead the clinics and procedures.
We offer inpatient and day care services at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary and Furness General Hospital, and outpatient services at Westmorland General Hospital. We also care for patients undergoing breast care surgery on our gynaecology ward at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary.
- NovaSure endometrial ablation
- Infertility treatments
- Support for unplanned pregnancies and family planning
- Gynaecology assessment units for early pregnancy and gynaecology emergencies
- Gynaecology oncology service in collaboration with Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Care of women undergoing fetal loss up to 18 weeks gestation, with support from our Bereavement Midwives
- Major surgery such as hysterectomy and pelvic floor repairs
- Day case surgery such as hysteroscopy and laparoscopy
- Support for women undergoing fetal loss with our Bereavement Midwives
- Breast surgery at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary
Colpscopy is an examination of your cervix. The examination allows the colposcopist to confirm the presence of abnormal cells and allows an assessment of the severity of the changes so that, if needed, appropriate treatment can be offered.