Wednesday 2 August 2023 in the Ash Meeting Room, Junction 36 Rural Auction Centre, Crooklands, Milnthorpe, Cumbria LA7 7NU
Please note the meeting will also take place via Microsoft Teams
Commencing at 9am
63. Welcome and Introductions
- Apologies for absence received from Scott Mclean (Dee Houghton, Deputy Chief Operating Officer in attendance)
- Declaration of conflicts of interest
64. Minutes of the Board of Directors’ Meeting held on 5 July 2023
65. Action Sheet and Matters arising from the Minutes of the Public Meeting of the Board of Directors held on 5 July 2023
66. Patient Story
The patient safety partners will update the Board of Directors on the Patient Safety Incident Response Framework (PSIRF) approach to developing processes for responding to patient safety incidents for the purpose of learning and improving patient safety. The PSIRF story supports the development and maintenance of an effective patient safety incident response system that integrates four key aims:
- Compassionate engagement and involvement of those affected by patient safety incidents;
- Application of a range of system-based approached to learning from patient safety incidents;
- Considered and proportionate responses to patient safety incidents; and
- Supportive oversight focused on strengthening response system functioning and improvement.
67. Chair's Report
68. Chief Executive's Report
69. Head Governor's Report
70. Maternity Safety Update
71i. Integrated Performance Dashboard and Report Month 3 incorporating matters raised by the Executive Team and through the Assurance Committees.
71ii. Minutes and 3A Reports from Assurance Committees
- a) Audit Committee Minutes from Meetings on 27 April 2023, 11 May 2023 and 28 June 2023 and 3A Report from Meeting on 27 July 2023
- b) People Committee Minutes from Meeting on 15 May 2023 and 3A Report from Meeting on 17 July 2023
- c) Finance and Performance Committee Minutes from Meeting on 19 June 2023 and 3A Report from Meeting on 17 July 2023
- d) Quality Committee Minutes from Meeting on 19 June 2023 and 3A Report from Meeting on 17 July 2023
The 3A Reports are included as appendices to the Integrated Performance Report.
72. Quarter 1 Review – Strategic Priorities / Key Areas of Focus and Board Assurance Framework Review
A report to provide assurance on progress during Quarter 1 against the Trust’s portfolio priorities aligned to the 2023/24 Trust Priorities:
- Deliver outstanding care and experience;
- Create the culture and conditions for our colleagues to be the very best they can be;
- Make the best use of our physical and financial resources; and
- Working in partnership.
As part of this item, the Board will review the Board Assurance Framework.
73. Mortality Report
74. Provider Collaboration update
75. New Hospital Programme Quarter 1 Report
76. Chief Medical Officer Update
77. Attendance monitoring report
78. Schedule of business
79. Urgent business
80. Date, Time and Venue of Next Meeting:
Wednesday 6 September 2023 at 10am in the Board Room, Westmorland General Hospital, Kendal LA9 7RG and also via Microsoft Teams.