Wednesday 3 May 2023 in the Ash Meeting Room, Junction 36 Rural Auction Centre, Crooklands, Milnthorpe, Cumbria LA7 7NU
Please note the meeting will also take place via Microsoft Teams
Commencing at 9am
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Minutes of the Board of Directors’ Meeting held on 29 March 2023
3. Action Sheet and Matters arising from the Minutes of the Public Meeting of the Board of Directors held on 29 March 2023
4. Patient story
5. Chair's report
6. Chief Executive's report
7. Head Governor report
8. Progress Report on Care Quality Commission (CQC) Improvement Plan
9i. Maternity safety update
9ii. i Avoiding Term Admissions into Neonatal Units (ATAIN) Report
9iii. Neonatal Workforce Update
10i. Integrated Performance Dashboard and Report Month 12 incorporating matters raised by the Executive Team and through the Assurance Committees.
10ii. Minutes and 3A Reports from Assurance Committees
a) Audit Committee Minutes from Meeting on 19 January 2023 and 3A Report from
Meeting on 27 April 2023
b) People Committee 3A Report from Meeting on 27 March 2023
c) Finance and Performance Committee Minutes and 3A Report from Meeting on 27 March 2023 and 3A Report from Meeting on 17 April 2023
- EPR Outline Business Case. A report to approve the EPR outline business case. The Finance and Performance Committee recommended approval of the EPR outline business case to the Board of Directors recognising the maximum liability was £400,000 which did not bring any requirement to proceed beyond that. The risk register would be updated to reflect this.
d) Quality Committee Minutes from Meeting on 20 March 2023 and 3A Report from Meeting on 17 April 2023
- Patient Experience Strategy 2023-2027. A report to present the Patient Experience Strategy in support of the patient story (item 4). The Quality Committee considered a final draft of the strategy. It was suggested the strategy could be improved by strengthening the approach to engagement with patients in making improvements to their care, as distinct from the process of seeking their views on their experience of services. With this change to the draft strategy the Committee approved it for consideration by the Board of Directors.
11. Strategic Review – Outcome & Proposals
12. Provider Collaboration Update
13. New Hospital Programme Quarter 4 Report
14. Infection Prevention and Control Annual Report 2022/23
15. Policy and Publications Report
16. Attendance Monitoring Register
17. Schedule of Business
18. Urgent Business
19. Date, Time and Venue of Next Meeting:
Wednesday 7 June 2023 at 10am in the Board Room, Westmorland General Hospital, Kendal LA9 7RG and also via Microsoft Teams.